Fear- How it can control you!!!

"I always wanted to be a dancer and I'm pretty good at it. I find myself dancing all the time..Well one day i was home  dance to Ne-yo's song " One in a million" which i memorized every dance step. I thought I  was home alone , but my wife came home early from work and caught me dancing. According to her see was watching me for about 15- 20 mins before I realized she was there,  I was so embarrassed. Even through she told me I was really good and should go to dance a studio to perfect my craft. I am still to scared to dance in public. Her believing in me and what can do still doesn't help that i am afraid. Call it stage fright or whatever...I don't know. Why am I so afraid and what can I do to fight my fear. " Thanks Joseph Y. 


Joseph,

How much Time to do you have?

Listen man, fear can dictate so much in your life to the point of depression. When you have so much talent or passion in you that you have no outlet to let it out. That is fear..

We don't fear what we can do, because we know that we are good at it. What we as humans fear is JUDGEMENT. I, like every one else I know hate to be criticized on something they have so much passion for. We don't like to hear that we are not good enough, that we can't do it,  and we  will never succeed from other people. That the worst feeling in the world. The one thing that I will tel that will help you with you fear is easy and takes nothing. That one thing is not caring. Sounds funny and unattainable, but it actually is easy as it sounds.

If you love to dance and your believe in yourself, start off small. Go to a dance studio like your wife suggested. Think about it,  you are surround by people who have the same passion you have, not much professional experience, so who are they to judge you. You also have the opportunity to learn from a professional who can give you the tips you need to better yourself and you craft. It a judgement free zone. i like said; it easier then you think.

Now that you have started fighting your fear, we will become more confident in what you can do. You will began to not worry about what people say about you. You will not will no uncertainty that you are good. 

The first tep is yours. no one can defeat your fears, but you. You have to be willing to do it. if you don't you will have so many life regrets and then you will run out of time to follow you dreams. Do you want to leave this world with regrets, because of something you were afraid. I hope not. 

If this is really something you want to do, then do it!!! Stop making a excuses for not persuading your dreams of dancing.

You got this!!! you are only hurting yourself if you do at least try.


Just know you have one more supporter...ME!



-Graham



Comments

Popular Posts